LASER PROSTATECTOMY, HOLEP IN DELHIProstate laser surgery is one of the latest techniques of removing the excess tissue of the prostate in cases of BPH (benign prostate hypertrophy) or enlargement of the prostate. As the enlarged prostate gives undue pressure on the urethra which creates urination related issues. BPH is more common in middle-aged and senior adults than in the younger population. Laser prostatectomy is used to relieve moderate to severe urinary symptoms caused by an enlarged prostate. HoLEP stands for Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate and it is one of the best types of laser for prostatectomy as it cuts the excess prostate tissue with utmost precision.
HOLEP LASER PROCEDUREAfter giving anaesthesia to the patient, the probe is passed through the urethra of the patient. This is why no cut or incision is required for laser surgery. The probe reaches the prostate gland and the excess prostate tissue is cut off with the help of a HOLEP laser. After which, another instrument takes out the cut tissues via the urethral opening. This allows the urethra to be relieved from the pressure. The cut tissues can be sent to the lab for a biopsy report to check for any malignant cells in the prostate. A catheter is inserted to allow for a good urine flow. The patient is then sent to the recovery room.
THINGS TO CONSIDER ABOUT HOLEP LASER TREATMENT
- 2-3 days of Hospitalization is required.
- You can resume your daily activities after 2-3 days of surgery.
- No weight lifting should be done for at least 2 weeks post-surgery.
- The HOLEP Procedure takes about 45 to 90 minutes to complete.
- The catheter will be removed before discharging the patient.
- Prostate enlargement of any size can be treated with HOLEP laser and the recovery is faster and pain-free.
If you want to get treated with HOLEP Laser for your prostatectomy treatment in Delhi, then you can book an appointment with Dr. Vineet Malhotra here. You can also call us at